Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Just an update

I cannot believe it has been almost a month since my last post. I did not really mean for it to be so long it just kind of happened. In the beginning of the month I was definitely having some rough days, feeling very sick. I know that I was miserable but now that it has pretty much passed I have kind of forgotten about it. I had my last ultrasound at my RE's office a couple of weeks ago and everything looked ok. I could not believe what a huge change it was from the first ultrasound (when there 2 sacs) to see fingers, toes and movement.

Otherwise I am glad it is fall- one month until Halloween, which is one of my favorite holidays. Years ago, before I even started dating my husband and lived with roommates, we had a Halloween Party for everyone to come to before going to this big bar crawl in our town. My husband showed up with some friends (dressed as a priest) and soon after that we started dating. Through the years I continued having the party and have accumulated tons of Halloween decorations and it has become kind of a tradition- I feel obligated to have it. Plus, I do not know what I would do with all of my Halloween stuff if I didn't! My birthday is also less than a week after Halloween so growing up I had a lot of costume birthday parties -so how can I break the tradition now?

This year is a big birthday for me (30). I am kind of dreading leaving my 20's and I am not really sure why. I guess b/c there is all this hype with the "milestone" birthdays. I guess I should just be grateful that it will probably not turn out like my 21st birthday, with me puking in a parking lot at some bar on campus and feeling like death for 2 days after. I think it is safe to say this year will be a little more low key.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rosa Benito said...

The Citizens' Eye launches today
An even stronger relationship with your community newspaper begins today. The Durham Region Media Group is launching Citizens' Eye, a new source of information in print and online detailing the experiences of ...
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to music on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like music!

7:11 AM  
Blogger P. said...

I am so glad that you updated! Nice to hear that you are feeling better, little toes and fingers?! How very, very exciting!

So... what are you going to be for Halloween? I bet you have a whole collection of costumes to go with the decorations!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Disney
Thanks

12:34 AM  
Blogger April said...

Tiny toes and fingers, oh my heart just got all melty.

Glad to see you're doing o.k.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Antonio Hicks said...

I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word halloween, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home