Thursday, March 02, 2006

Two months

That is how much time has gone by since my last post. Do not know why I am so bad about keeping up with this, because I enjoy reading everyone's posts and seeing what is going on with everyone else.

I will be 36 weeks on Saturday. I really still feel like the whole idea of being pregnant is still sinking in, even with an aching back, sore knees and a foot kicking me in the ribs. My "official" last day of work is Friday, March 24th if I make it that far, and I think I will really be ready when that time comes. Being a nurse I spend most of the day on my feet and it has gotten a bit tough to lug the extra weight around. My level of patience is at lowest possible capacity and I find myself having to take a deep breath when I really want to go off on someone. Then I usually end up coming home and taking out my frustrations on my poor (understanding) husband.

I have pretty much had an uneventful pregnancy and I am grateful for that. One trip to triage at about 27 weeks for contractions but they chalked it up to dehydration and sent me home to rest for a day. I have not really had a contraction since and I am kind of wondering if I should be feeling them more now.

I made it through most months without any major cravings and within the past couple of weeks I am all about anything COLD, FRUITY and SWEET. Juice, popsicles, water ice (and ice cream and anything chocolate can be substituted). Tums are my new food group, and I think I like eating them a little more than I should. Oh well, at least the baby is getting her calcium requirement.

4 Comments:

Blogger P. said...

Hey! I hope that you are doing well - I can't belive that you are almost there!

8:41 PM  
Blogger P. said...

By my little calculation you should be past your due date by now... is there a new little bundle? Send me an email if you don't feel like posting. Thinking about you!

4:14 PM  
Blogger linda said...

I've never visited your blog before but stumbled onto it from Amanda's site. I can't say how happy I am to read of a previously infertile getting pregnant and staying pregnant. Congrats! :-)

10:24 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

Baby?

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home