Wednesday, May 03, 2006

An update

Things sure have changed since the last time I posted. Yes, I had the baby- a girl, Grace Elizabeth, on March 23 at 4:56 pm. She was 7 lbs., 15 oz. I was induced at almost 39 weeks because I had mild hypertension. The birth went well, no complications. My epidural wore off so there were a couple of hours that were not too fun, and the pushing was, without a doubt, the most physically challenging thing I have ever done. I am the type of person who gives up and sits down when a workout gets hard- but in this case there was no giving up. I pushed for an hour and a half which I guess is not too bad.

So when it was all over I had my baby. And a coke. Because man, was I thirsty. I felt like I had walked through the desert, my mouth was so dry- I was actually thinking (no, fantasizing) about a huge soda with ice while I was pushing.
She will be six weeks old tomorrow, and it has been a whirlwind. She is adorable and hard to resist even though she cries EVERY TIME I put her down.

In 6 weeks I have-
- stopped breast feeding (not working out)
-tried 2 different formulas
- called the Dr. quite a few times (at any hour of day, night and ridiculously early in the morning) to ask various questions
- MAYBE had 5 full hours of sleep since the night I went into the hospital
- tried to figure out how to get her and myself ready to leave the house in less time than 2 hours (still working on it)
- tried to master the art of grocery/Target/Costco shopping with car seat thingy
in cart
- wondered countless times how people do this with more than one child
- watched my house be taken over by baby equipment to the point it looks like mini babies-r-us in my living room
- realized I do not miss my job AT ALL
- been very thankful I have been given the opportunity to do all of the above

2 Comments:

Blogger edmiller6779440178 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

9:04 PM  
Blogger aka_Meritt said...

Congratulations on the little one... I'm glad to see your blog had a happy ending - with a healthy baby girl. :)

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home